There are multiple ways for you to find suitable information for you assignment:
- Check your unit's blackboard page for readings.
- Use Quick Find and databases and specialised search tools to search the literature. If you're looking for a particular kind of information (e.g. journal articles, videos, statistics), check out our "how to find" guides.
- Check the library's guides to subject areas for sources. There may even be a guide specifically for your course or unit.
Searching and keywords
- If you're working out how to start your search for information, go through the task sheet and criteria sheet for directive words and key concepts.
- Consider how you can use search terms and boolean operators to retrieve relevant information.
- Consult the guide on internet searching to get the most out of using a search engine.
Not all sources are the same and there is no guarantee that information you find will be accurate. You'll need to evaluate resources to ensure they are scholarly, peer reviewed or objective.