The new Quick Find changes
- How can I limit my search results by publication date?
- How can I make the filters stick?
- Can I filter by Study Area?
- What happened to the DOI search?
- Where is the Classic catalogue?
How can I limit my search results by publication date?
The quick links to the following publication date filters are no longer available:
- Last 12 months
- Last 3 years
- Last 5 years.
To limit search results by publication date you need to manually enter the publication years (in the left side menu).
How can I make the filters stick?
Filters can be used to limit your search (e.g. articles, peer-reviewed, or information available online). In order to get your chosen filter to remain in place (i.e. "stick") you need to "lock" the filter after it is selected. Do this by hovering your mouse over the filter and click on the lock icon that appears.
Check out using filters in Quick Find for more information.
Can I filter by Study Area?
Using the limit by keyword filter can help refine your results to material that includes specific keywords. While this is different to limiting by study area it can be useful as a quick way to get ideas for other search terms that may be relevant.
What happened to the DOI search?
You can search for a DOI by entering it into any search box, e.g. "10.1111/j.1475-6765.2011.02011.x".
Remember, just include the DOI number, do not include "https://doi.org/".
Where is the Classic catalogue?
As part of the Library system upgrade the Classic catalogue has been retired and has been replaced by the new Quick Find search.
If you are missing the old catalogue search we recommend you try the new search options:
- Browse item search - this will allow you to browse for items by title, author and subject term. This option is limited to finding items held by the Library such as books and ebooks, DVDs and videos, journals, newspapers and other items. Please note it does not find articles.
- Find a journal search - this will allow you to easily check to see if the Library holds a particular journal or periodical plus what years the Library has available.