Curriculum Collection resources
This search is limited to items in the Curriculum Collection.
- children's and young adult books (fiction and non-fiction)
- DVDs of movies, TV shows and educational documentaries
- posters and maps
- teaching kits, puppets and musical instruments
You can limit by target audience (early childhood, primary or secondary) in the classic catalogue.
To find books containing lesson plans enter "lesson plans" (in quotation marks) after your search term.
To find textbooks on a topic:
- go to Quick Find Advanced search
- enter the desired topic (e.g. "mathematics")
- change the drop-down on the next line to Subject Terms, enter "textbooks" into this field, and search
- limit LIBRARY LOCATION to the desired curriculum collection.
The Curriculum Collection has a large collection of readers:
- English readers - English readers for primary students
- Indigenous readers - with a focus on Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander peoples and culture. The following series are available:
- Readers for English as a second language (ESL) students - stories suitable for adult ESL students, graded at different levels to help improve reading skills. Some may be of interest to school students. Suggested subject headings include:
To find juvenile fiction on a topic you can use the GENRE filter. This filter only becomes available after limiting by format. For example, to find juvenile fiction books on the Romans:
- search Quick Find for "romans"
- under SELECT A FORMAT, limit to "Books & ebooks"
- under GENRE, limit to "juvenile fiction"
To search for factual books only enter "juvenile non-fiction" (in quotation marks) after your search term.