Using LibKey Nomad
Want to access Library resources without using the Library website? Try LibKey Nomad - a browser extension that provides links to scholarly articles and ebooks when you are searching the web!
Get the LibKey Nomad browser extension
Choose your browser below to get started. Then once installed select Queensland University of Technology as the institution:
- Vivaldi (extension via the Chrome Store)
- Brave (extension via the Chrome Store).
What about privacy?
Unlike some other browser extensions, no QUT login details are stored in your browser, it does not require you to create a personal account and it does not track your usage.
Why would I use it?
- If you use Google, Google Scholar or other search engines to find scholarly articles - if you've found an article on a publisher site, in Google Scholar, or a link to an article in a Wikipedia reference list, you don't need to search for it again in the Library Search to get access. The extension will automatically connect you to the fulltext if the article is available in the Library.
- If you find useful ebooks when searching the web - if you've found an ebook on a publisher site or popular platform such as Google Books the extension will automatically connect you to the ebook if it is available in the Library collection.
- If you regularly search PubMed this is a must-have extension - PubMed does not include fulltext of articles. By using LibKey Nomad, links to articles (including PDF links where possible) will display in search results and save you time looking for the fulltext.