Request scans of hardcopy material
By borrowing and requesting library resources you accept and agree to comply with the Library Borrowing Conditions.
Eligible users can request scanned copies of material available in hardcopy in the Library such as book chapters, articles, legislation and cases.
- There is no limit to the number of requests you can place but copyright restrictions apply to all requests. If a request does not adhere to copyright, it will be cancelled and you will be notified by email.
- Scans are emailed to you, and are usually supplied within two working days, unless the item is out on loan.
Request scans of book chapters
If you require a chapter from a book that is only available in hardcopy and would like to request a scan:
- search for the book (not chapter) in the Library Search
- click on the "Request scan (ONE chapter only allowed)" link
- a request form will load with the book details pre-populated - make sure you add the details of the chapter you want scanned, before submitting the form.
Request scans of articles
If you require an article from a journal or newspaper that is only available in hardcopy and would like to request a scan:
- search for the article in the Library Search
- check that the what volume/years the library has in print to see if the article will be available
- if the library has the relevant volume/year available click on the "Request scan of article" link
- a request form will load with the book details pre-populated - check the details are correct before submitting the form.
Request scans of legislation and cases
If you require legislation or a case that is only available in hardcopy and would like to request a scan you will need to:
- search for the law report or publication in Library Search (note: do not search for the case citation or specific legislation, you need to find the report or publication where the case or legislation was published)
- click on the "Request scan of article" link
- a request form will load with the law report or publication details pre-populated - make sure you enter the details of the case or legislation you want scanned such as the name of the act or legislation or case name and case citation plus any extra information you have such as volume, date and start page.
For example, to request the case Public Trustee v Nash (1921) 38 WN (NSW) 142, you would need to search for the law report (in this case WN is the report The Weekly Notes) in the Library Search and then click on the "Request scan of article" link to go to the request form and enter the case details.