Request QUT items
- Request holds and intercampus requests
- Request scans of book chapters and portions
- Request scans of articles, cases and legislation
Request holds and intercampus requests
Placing holds allows you to have QUT Library items made available for pickup at your preferred branch library. Holds can be placed on items that are on the shelf or out on loan. Note that:
- only QUT staff and enrolled students can place holds
- items showing as "Available" in Quick Find are usually ready for collection within two days, it can take longer if the item is on loan or gets borrowed before library staff can collect it for you
- you will be notified by email if your hold request is cancelled - holds may be cancelled if the item is in high demand so the item can be added to the course reserve collection
- items for pick-up at Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove libraries are held in self-serve holds area. For the Law Library, go to the Library service point to collect your item.
How to place a request
- find the item you want in Quick Find, then click the "Place hold" link
- select the desired pickup location and submit
- use My loans and holds to check the progress of your hold request and cancel any holds you no longer require
- you will receive an email notification when the item is is ready to collect. The item will be held for you for four days.
Request postal loans
Postal delivery of loans can be requested by:
- students who are enrolled in one or more External units
- Masters (Research) or Doctoral (PhD or EdD) students living outside the Brisbane City Council boundaries.
To request a postal loan, select the external post option as the pickup location. For assistance with postal loans, contact the Library.
- Postage is to within Australia only, and is free of charge.
- Items will be sent to the address shown in your QUT Virtual record - consider using a work address if there are concerns about the security of parcels left at a home address.
Return of items:
- You are required to pay the return postage - pack items securely and return to the library's postal address (return address labels are provided).
- You can also return these loans in person to any branch library.
- Ensure borrowed items are returned by the due date - please allow sufficient time if returning by post.
Request from Library Store
QUT Library Store is a collection of less frequently used materials, most of which can be accessed by QUT staff and students by placing a hold. Some items in the Library Store (theses, dissertations etc.) cannot be requested this way - ask us about accessing these.
Registered Alumni and community borrowers can request items held in store, but will need to ask us to place the request.
Request scans of book chapters and portions
QUT students and staff can request scanned copies of book chapters or portions (within copyright restrictions) that are available in print in the Library. Copies are supplied electronically to your QUT email address, and are usually supplied within two working days.
To request a book chapter simply search for the book in Quick Find and click on the "Request scan of chapter" link.
Request scans of articles, cases and legislation
QUT students and staff can request scanned copies of articles, cases, sections of legislation etc. (within copyright restrictions) that are available in print in the Library. Copies are supplied electronically to your QUT email address, and are usually supplied within two working days.
To request a book chapter simply search for the journal, law report or publication in Quick Find and click on the "Request scan of article" link.