Manage your loans and holds
Quick Find - My loans and holds
A quick video showing how to use My loans and holds on Quick Find.
My loans and holds allows you to easily check your current loans, view your hold and scan requests plus see any outstanding Library penalties and messages.
Are you a registered Alumni or Community borrower? Go to:
You can also find links to My loans and holds in the login menu at the top of all pages in Quick Find and the library website.
In the Loans tab you can manage items you have on loan - this is where you can see due dates. You no longer need to renew items, as these will now be automatically renewed up to 5 times unless the item has been recalled.
You can also view your previous loans (borrowing history) from this tab by selecting the "You are viewing: My previous loans" option
In this tab you can manage your holds and scan requests - you can check the status of your requests, including where you are in the queue and cancel them if they are no longer needed.
The different hold request statuses mean:
- Hold request. In process. - you are the first (or only) person to have placed a hold request for this item. You will be notified by email when your hold is ready to be collected from the holdshelf in the Library.
- Hold request. Not Started. Place in queue is: 1 - another person already has this item but once it is returned you will be next to get the item.
- Hold request. Not Started. Place in queue is: 2 - another person already has this item and when it is returned another person will be next in queue to get the item. When this person returns the item you will be notified it is ready for you to collect.
- On hold shelf - the item is ready for you to collect from the hold shelf of the Library that you selected when placing the request.
For popular items (especially textbooks) there can be multiple hold requests, so the number of students in the queue can get reasonably high.
This tab will display any replacement cost fees applied to your account as well as a link to pay (via QUTPay). If you return overdue item(s) any penalties will be removed. Learn more about when Library replacement costs are applied at Borrowing conditions - Imposition of penalites.
Messages and sanctions
If there are any sanctions or additional messages from the Library they will display in this tab. Learn more about when Library sanctions are applied at Borrowing conditions - Imposition of penalites.
Need more help?
- Need help? - phone, visit, email or chat with librarians.