By borrowing and requesting library resources you accept and agree to comply with the Library Borrowing Conditions.
Borrowing in person
Once you have located items on the shelf that you would like to borrow, or you have placed a hold request and the item(s) are on the hold shelf ready for pickup, you can use a library self-loan kiosk to borrow the item. Each branch library has several self-loan kiosks available for use during opening hours:
- Gardens Point Library (V Block) - Level 3 (entry level), Course Reserve room (Level 4), Level 5 and Level 6
- Kelvin Grove Library (R Block) - Level 2 (entry level), Course Reserve room (Level 2), Level 3, Level 4, Curriculum collection and Level 5
- Law Library (C Block) - Course Reserve room (Level 5) and Level 6.
You will require your QUT ID card (or community/alumni borrower membership card) to borrow.
How to use the self-loan kiosk
- Scan your QUT ID card (or Library membership card for alumni and community borrowers) - make sure you scan the barcode on the front of your QUT ID card.
- Place your items on the platform (up to 5 items at a time) - check the display screen and you should see your items appear on the screen as they are automatically loaned out to you.
- When you have finished, click the 'Finish' button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- A loan receipt will be emailed to you (this will include information about how to return items). You can also check your loans online at My Library.
Postal delivery of loans can be requested by:
- students who are enrolled in one or more External units
- Masters (Research) or Doctoral (PhD or EdD) students living outside the Brisbane City Council boundaries.
- Postage is to within Australia only, and is free of charge.
- Items will be sent to the mailing address shown in your HiQ or Digital Workplace record.
- You are required to pay the return postage - pack items securely and return to the library's postal address (return address labels are provided).
How to request a postal loan:
- Locate the item(s) you would like to borrow in the Library Search.
- Click the "Place hold" option then choose the option: "Mailing address (return postage at students' expense)"
- You can check the progress of your request online at My Library.
- You will be notified by email when the item has been loaned and posted out to you.