A number of reference management tools are in use by researchers at QUT. The main ones are EndNote, Mendeley and Paperpile.
EndNote provides very comprehensive functionality, especially when writing journal articles and theses. QUT Library provides workshops for postgraduates to help develop all the basic skills necessary to collect and organise references and PDFs. There is also librarian support and resources online. Free to QUT users.
Mendeley is a free reference manager and academic social network to help organise your research, and collaborate and share online. QUT can provide premium upgrades.
Paperpile is a web-based reference and document management system for the Google environment. Join up free with a QUT email.
Other reference management tools
- BibTeX - a freely available citation management tool for LaTeX documents. See Getting started with BibTeX and LaTeX.
- CiteULike - a social networking tool for discovering and managing references.
- JabRef - a freely available BibTeX citation management tool suitable for LaTeX documents.
- Papers - collaborative citation management software, allowing you to organise, discover, and cite research.
- Sente 6 - a free academic reference management app for Macs and iPads that allows you to sync your library between devices.
- Zotero - a freely available citation management tool which functions as an extension for the Firefox web browser, designed to store, manage and cite bibliographic references.