Applying for an ISBN
The library can provide an ISBN (International Standard Book Number) for QUT staff and HDR students who are independently publishing a monograph or report.
Please read the eligibility criteria and conditions before completing this form. Please direct questions about the eligibility criteria to your Liaison Librarian or the Library's Research Support Team.
Applications for an ISBN must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The work must be solely published by QUT.
- The person requesting the ISBN must be a QUT staff member or HDR student.
- You are encouraged to make the work available as Open Access.
- You are encouraged to make the work available under a Creative Commons Licence.
- The publication must be published via QUT ePrints, QUT Digital Collections or a QUT web page.
An ISBN will be provided within 5 business days of receipt of the application. Advice about requirements for legal deposit (if applicable) will also be provided at this time.
For more information, contact the Library Research Support Team.