IFN001 AIRS: Advanced Information Research Skills
Andrew and Gina talk about beginning their Masters by research, and their impressions of the AIRS course.
The unit IFN001 aims to develop high level research skills and knowledge for researchers. It is offered in blended learning mode via online modules, and supplemented with learning resources, on campus classes, and Liaison Librarian consultations.
Benefits of AIRS for students
- Get a grounding in research related activities that will help with your Stage 2 proposal
- Lay foundations for best practice in research related areas
- Develop effective and efficient searching skills
- Understand data management principles
- Keep up to date
- Network with your peers
- Use networking and collaboration tools
Benefits of AIRS for supervisors
- Supervisors appreciate the complementary benefits of students gaining a base line understanding of key information skills related to their research candidature provided by experienced Library staff.
- The range of content ensures that students have a solid introduction to the variety of resources, policies and support services available from the Library to support research students through their journey.
- AIRS ensures that in the first critical months students have a mastery of information resources, research skills and strategies for embarking of the literature review that will form the basis for their Stage 2 and Confirmation documents.