Films and videos in public

If you are organising a public screening of a video or film, you need to get copyright owner permission. This applies whether you charge an entry fee or not. Apply to the film distributor in the first instance. If you hire the film from the distributor with the stated intention of public screening, the licence fee is usually included in the hire charge.