Australian copyright organisations
General copyright bodies
- Australian Copyright Council provides information, advice and training about copyright in Australia.
- Australian Digital Alliance promotes the retention of balance in copyright law between owner and user rights. QUT is a member.
- Australian Libraries' Copyright Committee seeks to have the interests of users of libraries and archives recognised and reflected in copyright legislation.
- Creative Commons licences allow different levels of re-use of copyright material. Creative Commons Australia promotes and encourages the use of CC licences in Australia."
Copyright collecting societies
These are organisations which administer their members' copyrights and collect licence fees on their behalf.
- APRA/AMCOS (Australasian Performing Right Association / Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners' Society) administer music copyrights.
- Copyright Agency (CAL) administers largely text-based copyright.
- Screenrights (Audio-Visual Copyright Society Limited) administers copyright in educational film and television.
- PPCA (Phonographic Performance Company of Australia) administers aspects of music recording copyrights owned by record companies.