Australian copyright organisations
General copyright bodies
- Australian Copyright Council provides information, advice and training about copyright in Australia
- Australian Digital Alliance promotes the retention of balance in copyright law between owner and user rights. QUT is a member.
- Australian Libraries' Copyright Committee seeks to have the interests of users of libraries and archives recognised and reflected in copyright legislation
- Creative Commons Australia licences to allow different levels of re-use of copyright as an alternative to "all rights reserved"
Copyright collecting societies
These are organisations which administer their members' copyrights and collect licence fees on their behalf.
- APRA/AMCOS (Australasian Performing Right Association / Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners' Society) administer music copyrights
- CAL (Copyright Agency Limited) administers largely text-based copyright
- Screenrights (Audio-Visual Copyright Society Limited) administers copyright in educational film and television
- PPCA (Phonographic Performance Company of Australia) administers aspects of music recording copyrights owned by record companies
- Viscopy (Visual Arts Copyright Collecting Agency) administers copyright in visual arts such as paintings