QUT Library provides access to high quality information resources to support learning, teaching and research. More than $15 million is allocated per annum to fund development of the Library information resource collections.
The QUT Library Collection Development Manual guides library information resource management at QUT Library. It outlines the current principles and practices that inform the selection, maintenance, access, assessment of return on investment, and deselection of information resources (electronic and print) across all branch libraries and made available via the QUT Library website.
Discovery and access
Access to the Library's information resource collections is primarily via the Library's website, but increasingly through integration with external searching engines and discovery platforms.
- The QUT Library web site
- Print holdings and online subscriptions via Library Search (Primo VE/Alma). The Library Search integrates the Syndetics Unbound and BrowZine services.
- Direct search of databases and specialised search tools by study area, via LibGuides AZ database asset list.
- Guides to how to find by resource type.
- Guides to researching in particular study areas, via LibGuides.
- Browzine, integrated into Library Search results.
- Google Scholar, via web version and BrowZine apps.
- Increasing integration with institutional login (via access federations) for databases.
The Library performs user experience research, voice of customer analysis as well as usage analytics to inform improvements and identify issues with Library collection discovery and access.
Find out more about our special collections.