Show/hide image transcript
Image transcript - 2023 Library Strategic Priorities
Student experience and engagement
- Provide vibrant, welcoming and inclusive physical library spaces
- Host engaging activities
- Partner with students
Advance open scholarship
- Facilitate open access to the university's research outputs
- Develop a QUT ePress to support, promote and publish QUT-created open access resources
- Expand the visibility of Open Educational Resources (OERs) knowledge and understanding at QUT
- Review IFN001: Advanced Information Research Skills (AIRS)
- Support the university's research priorities
- Improve the discoverability of Indigenous Australian research materials in QUT Library collections
Learning and teaching excellence
- Ensure students have access to the information and library services they need to thrive
- Support the Faculty of Health Digital Capabilities Program
- Support QUT You
Access to information
- Actively collect and promote resources that reflect the diversity, equity and inclusion priorities of the University
- Ensure access to the physical collection meets the contemporary needs of the QUT community
People and culture
- Equip the Library team to be well positioned to meet future opportunities and challenges
At the heart of the campus: empowering people to succeed.
The Library embraces and promotes QUT's values of ambition, curiosity, integrity, inclusiveness, innovation and academic freedom. Everything we do is underpinned by QUT's priorities and commitment to: Creativity and Entrepreneurship, Health and Wellbeing, Inclusion and Social Justice, Recognising and Fostering Indigenous Australian Excellence, and Sustainability and the Environment.
We also endorse the core values of the library profession as stated by the Australian Library and Information Association:
- Promotion of the free flow of information and ideas through open access to recorded knowledge, information, and creative works
- Connection of people to ideas
- Commitment to literacy, information literacy and learning
- Respect for the diversity and individuality of all people
- Preservation of the human record
- Excellence in professional service to our communities
- Partnerships to advance these values.
What we do
QUT Library provides resources, services, spaces, and activities that support the learning, teaching and research needs of the QUT Community and that align with QUT's Strategic vision, as outlined in Connections - the QUT Strategy 2023-2027.
- Support students
- Support teaching staff
- Support researchers
- Develop collections
- Provide vibrant spaces.
Our priorities are underpinned by:
- Expert staff
- Customer focus
- Robust technology and Infrastructure
- Evidence: analytics, data, and feedback
- Strong partnerships within, and outside QUT
- Financial responsibility
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.