Researchers' Centres provide a quiet computer lab facility in the Library for QUT researchers.
The Kelvin Grove Researchers' Centre has been temporarily relocated to rooms R611 and R614, on Level 6, R Block, Kelvin Grove. Additionally, study rooms R602 and R603 can now be booked for up to 2 hours per student per day. Students do not need to apply for swipe access to these rooms on level 6. These temporary changes are as a result of the Education Precinct building project. We apologise for any inconvenience.
There are Researchers' Centres located at:
- Gardens Point Library - Level 7, V Block, Gardens Point
- Kelvin Grove Library - Level 6, R Block, Kelvin Grove (temporarily relocated to R611 and R614).
Researchers' Centres are available for use by QUT staff undertaking university research, as well as students enrolled as follows:
- Masters by Coursework
- Masters by Research
Entry is via Swipe Card Access. Eligible clients should apply for access through the "Computer accounts and physical access" portlet on HiQ / QDW. See Building and room access for more help on this process.
When you request access to use this space you agree that:
- This is a silent study zone and you will be considerate of the impact of your activities on other students.
- Computers and desks cannot be reserved. If a space is unattended students may use it, even if the computer is left on.
- Prior to leaving a desk you will save your work and take your personal items with you.
If you cannot access the area and believe you are eligible, please contact us.