Inclusive spaces in the Library
QUT Library is dedicated to providing inclusive resources and safe spaces for LGBTIQA+ students and staff.
QUT Library and HiQ are proud to support students and staff who identify as lesbian; gay; bisexual; transgender; intersex; queer or questioning; asexual, agender or aromantic; and those with other diverse genders and sexualities (LGBTIQA+).
We want you to feel safe, welcome and celebrated in these spaces and when using our services. You'll see the Welcome Here Project logo on display in our spaces.
We are committed to:
- helping you feel safe, welcome and supported
- treating you with respect
- using your pronouns
- providing all-gender toilet facilities
- providing high-quality library resources to support your studies or personal journey
- completing training to stay up-to-date with issues in your community.
We'll work closely with you and community-focused groups (like the QUT Guild, the QUT LGBTIQA+ Working Group and Equity Services) to ensure we get things right. If you think we can do better, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.