Libraries open 24/7
Night owl? Us too-hoo! We're trialling 24/7 access to the Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove libraries this semester.
QUT students and staff can access the Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove libraries 24/7 by swiping their QUT ID card.
After hours the following facilities and services will be available:
- access to all study spaces, study rooms and library collections
- borrowing via self-checkout
- printing, copying and scanning from self-service printing stations.
You can access the libraries after hours at the main entrance doors next to Merlo Coffee at Gardens Point or opposite Gather Café and Bar at Kelvin Grove.
- Students and staff must have their QUT ID card on them while using the library after hours.
- QUT Security will monitor the buildings during the extended hours and you are encouraged to carry a mobile phone and download the SafeZone app.
- Please use well-lit campus pathways.
- Recommended parking locations are P Block, Gardens Point, and K Block, Kelvin Grove.
- QUT Security will remove after-hours access for unruly behaviour and inappropriate use of facilities.
If you urgently need assistance, call 000. QUT Security emergency contact is 3138 8888.
Rooms and facilities
Explore rooms and facilities before you come on campus.
Need writing support?
Community access hours
The community (including alumni and school students) can use the Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove libraries:
- Mon-Fri: 7am-8pm
- Sat/Sun: 9am-5pm