Library facts and figures
The Library is a department within the Division of Technology, Information and Library Services, which also includes the departments of HiQ, Information Technology Services, Learning Environments and Technology Services, and the Service and Project Management Office.
In 2017 QUT Library had four branch libraries - Caboolture Library, Gardens Point Library, Kelvin Grove Library and the Law Library, each providing resources and services to support the learning, teaching and research needs of the students and staff of their campus or faculty.
The following is a statistical snapshot of QUT Library in 2017.
Collections and usage
- 863,028 ebooks and 339,691 print books
- 103,287 ejournals and 540 print journals
- 260,384 online videos
- 376 online databases
- 229,138 physical loans; 91% are self serve
Learning and study support
- 47,086 Library Helpdesk enquiries
- 7,244 chat and email enquiries
- 461 tours and workshops for QUT students
- 19,879 total tour and workshop attendance
- 839,395 QUT cite|write visits
- 148 online subject and 47 online unit guides
- 46,995 fulltext works in QUT ePrints
- 1,962,371 QUT ePrints fulltext downloads
- 2,020 research consultations
- 151 research support sessions
- 3,080 total session attendance
- 114 IFN001: Advanced Information Research Skills (AIRS) sessions; 1,012 total attendance; 590 AIRS completions
- 2,322 data management plans