Jean Hing Fay
Resource Team Leader
Telephone: 3138 3268
Fax: 3138 3994
Office Location: KG-D108 (Kelvin Grove campus, D Block, Level 1, Room 108)
The Resource Team Leader is responsible for the operation of the Resource Team within Library Resource Services (LRS). The Resource Team plays a key role in ensuring the efficient and effective procurement, processing and provision of access to library and repository information resources.
Key responsibilities include:
- manage the acquisition and cataloguing of all online and print resources
- in conjunction with the Library Resource Services Manager:
- develop the annual Library Resource Allocation (LRA) budget
- monitor financial management of the LRA
- manage relevant modules of the Millennium Library Management System
- oversee the assessment and processing of publisher licence agreements (and support the Library Resource Services Manager in the negotiation of publisher licence agreements)
- contribute to the Library's strategic selection, management and provision of access to information resources and collections via membership of the Library's Information Resources Committee
- monitor and keep abreast of trends in library technical services, repository management, publishing and scholarly communication
- develop and implement procedures, documentation and reports supporting the strategic selection, acquisition and cataloguing of information resources.