My Library Profile is a secure login for viewing your borrowing record, placing requests, and using the library catalogue. The login is located on the right hand side of the top menu bar of all pages on the library web site and library catalogue.
QUT staff and students log in using their QUT access account and password.
My Library Profile has the following features:
- Viewing your borrowing record
- Saving catalogue searches
- Place requests online (only available to QUT staff and students)
- Setting up notifications by RSS news feeds
- Create a PIN (For Alumni and Community members)
- Change your PIN
- Forgotten your PIN?
In your borrowing record you can see:
- what you have on loan and when the items are due back
- what items you have placed on hold
- your borrowing history i.e. all the material you have borrowed previously. You have to click the "Borrowing history" link to turn this feature on and off.
- the status of any Interlibrary loan requests
You can also renew your loans via My Library Profile, if they haven't been requested by another client.
At any time you're searching the catalogue you can save your search by clicking on the "Save this search" button. This saves the search into "Preferred Searches" in your profile.
By selecting "Preferred searches" you can:
- mark a search "for email" to have an email sent to you when a new item is added to the catalogue that matches your search query
- see what searches you have saved and reuse them or delete them as desired
Logging in to My Library Profile allows you to link to the library's online borrowing forms. It automatically enters your details when using online forms. This option is only available to eligible staff and students.
By adding the My QUT Library Profile RSS feed (look for the RSS icon ) to your favourite RSS reader you can receive notification when:
- a hold or intercampus loan is waiting to be collected
- an item is due back soon
- an item is due back today
- an item is overdue
- an item has been recalled due to someone else placing a hold
Internet Explorer 7, Firefox and some other browsers have built in feed readers, just click on the link if you're using one of these.
NewsonFeeds maintains a list of RSS readers for various platforms.
- From the library catalogue click on the Alumni and community login link in the right hand corner.
- Type your name as it appears on your library card eg. Jane Smith.
- Type in the barcode number listed on your library card or membership letter eg. n0123456701.
- If you don't already have a PIN, leave the PIN field blank, and you will be prompted to create one.
- Click the Login button.
- Choose a PIN, and type it in twice. The PIN may be a combination of between 4 and 8 numbers and letters. Click the Login button.
- Click the Login button again
Do not use your name or library card barcode as your PIN. Do not give your PIN to anyone.
You can change your PIN anytime. Use the "Modify PIN" option in My Library Profile.
If you forget your PIN, please contact the library and ask for it to be reset.