Reference management - EndNote
EndNote is software designed for researchers to create a personal database of references found when searching literature for information. EndNote also assists in inserting and formatting references into documents when writing journal articles and theses.
QUT has a site licence for EndNote for current staff and students of the university to use at work and home. Note:
- the EndNote software cannot be shared with people external to QUT
- EndNote software obtained through QUT may not be used after leaving the university.
Current versions of EndNote allow users to share their library with up to 14 users, but it may be a breach of copyright or database licence terms to share anything more than bibliographic information.
EndNote for Mac - version X7.5 is now compatible with Word 2016.
EndNote X7 is installed in all centrally managed computing labs.
To install EndNote X7 on your own computer, choose from the following options:
- use ITAssist to self-install the package "Thomson Reuters EndNote". QUT computers only.
- download from Software & Downloads | EndNote X7
- borrow the software on CD from the library.
Updates and patches can be applied from within EndNote:
- open EndNote
- go to the EndNote X7 menu
- choose "Check for Updates...".
Help and customisation
- Compatibility and system requirements
- Contact the IT Helpdesk on (07) 3138 4000 or log an online request
Other reference management tools
In addition to EndNote, there are other reference management software, including Paperpile, Zotero, Mendeley and BibTex.