Reference management - EndNote
EndNote is software designed for researchers to create a personal database of references found when searching literature for information. EndNote also assists in inserting and formatting references into documents when writing journal articles and theses.
QUT has a site licence for EndNote, which permits current staff and students of the university to use the software both at work and at home. The software cannot be made available to family or colleagues of QUT staff and students. You cannot run two versions of the software (e.g. Versions 7 & X4) on the same computer. Staff and students may not use EndNote software obtained through QUT after leaving the university.
Later versions of EndNote allow users to share their library with up to 14 users. It may be a breach of copyright or database licence terms to share anything more than bibliographic information.
Office 2016 for Mac is not currently compatible with EndNote for Mac. We advise you not to update to Office 2016 at this stage.
QUT Library supports EndNote X7.1 (version 17), which is installed in all centrally managed computing labs.
Before you update from a previous version, read the instructions at Software Downloads | EndNote.
To install to your own computer, choose from the following:
- Download and install from the Software Downloads | EndNote.
- Borrow the software on CD from the library
To install to a QUT computer, choose from the following:
- Self-install from the QUT network using ITAssist (Windows only). Install the package called "Thomson Reuters EndNote".
- Download and install from Software Downloads | EndNote. Requires administrator rights (PDF, 371 KB).
- Borrow the software on CD from the library. Requires administrator rights (PDF, 371 KB).
Help and customisation
- Compatibility and system requirements
- Contact the IT Helpdesk on (07) 3138 4000 or log an online request
Other reference management tools
In addition to EndNote, there are other bibliographic management tools, including Zotero, Mendeley, BibTex and Papers.